Hello and welcome to my website!
This is the online home of yours truly, Dr. Mike Metlay: Editor of RECORDING Magazine, nuclear physicist, writer, collector of random techno-ephemera, explorer of virtual worlds... and of most interest to my visitors, musician of the ambient / space / electronic / experimental sort.
For over 20 years, the Atomic City imprint has graced dozens of recordings and musical collaboration projects all over the world in real and virtual space... and it all comes together here - along with my newer works on other labels.
On this site, you can:
- purchase many of my recordings (after auditioning them for free)
- follow my calendar of appearances and releases
- contact me with questions or requests at email@example.com
- listen to streaming audio of my live performances as they happen
- chat live with fellow citizens of Atomic City during my shows in my handy widget chat room (see sidebar and get chatting!)
If you'd like to:
- read and explore the history of Atomic City and in more depth
- learn about past and present side projects like Team Metlay, Different Skies, mindSpiral, Ozma,
Labrathisattva and EEK!
- download free Creative Commons releases
- learn about my musical presence in the virtual world of Second Life
- or just listen to my ramblings on everything and nothing in particular...
...please visit the Wordpress site of my virtual counterpart, Spiral Sands.
One important note: Atomic City has not released the music of outside artists since its record-label component effectively folded in 1997. Feel free to send me your music if you wish; I'd love to learn more about you. But I'm in no position to release or distribute your music and make you rich and famous, sorry.
Enjoy the site, enjoy my music and my musings, and let me know your thoughts!
Dr. Mike / Mr. Spiral